...but not too much

Posted on Fri 23 March 2007 in geek

Of course the down side of being away from your desk for 2 days (plus the time I spent preparing) is the inevitable pile-o-work. Unfortunately it's just been one crisis after another so I haven't really had a nice calm day yet (hence the lateness of posting). In fact I'm still in the office now updating between compile cycles. One of the changes I put into the current release candidate caused a bunch of regressions. My story can be told by diffstat. My original reviewed and tested changes:

7 files changed, 75 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

Tracking down the regressions (not in the test set) has opened the proverbial can-o-worms which so far had my change-set looking more like:

15 files changed, 229 insertions(+), 119 deletions(-)

Most of these came to light when I turned on the assertion checking trying to debug the one test failure I had left. Needless to say all these lines I've fixed have cleared some assertions but not gotten to the bottom of my bug.